Time flies when you’re having fun, producing best-in-class software. Four months have quickly passed since the official Q1 2011 release, and today it's time to welcome Telerik’s Q2 2011 release to the world! Telerik's second major release of 2011 is loaded with improvements across the board, shipping updates for 14 different products today. It's a feat of incredible planning and process (thanks, TeamPulse!) to consistently ship simultaneous updates on this scale, not to mention incredible, high-quality product engineering.
With Q2 2011, Telerik solidifies its position as your developer toolbox provider for any development platform future. Whether you choose to invest in XAML, AJAX, HTML5, or WinForms, Telerik provides a toolbox that has what you need. Here are some of the ways we're helping you embrace the future in Q2 2011:
- XAML: New Metro Theme for Silverlight, WPF (and WinForms) Controls
As Microsoft's Metro UI increasingly becomes the new "standard" for Windows experience, you need tools that help deliver that experience to customers. With the new Metro theme for the RadControls for Silverlight, WPF, and WinForms, you can start building those experiences today and begin impressing customers (even if you're sticking with the tried-and-true WinForms platform).
- HTML5: New HTML5-powered Data Visualizations
Introduced in the Telerik Extensions for ASP.NET MVC, Telerik is re-investing in data visualization for ASP.NET MVC with the new HTML5-powered Charts. Rendered with SVG and VML for broad browser compatibility, the new Charts help you easily adopt HTML5 without worrying about older browsers.
- DATA: New OpenAccess ORM Profiler
With this release, we're helping you eliminate the ORM "black box" by providing the new OpenAccess ORM Profiler. This standalone tool makes it easy to see and understand the SQL generated by an OpenAccess application, and quickly tune OpenAccess for maximum performance. Just another example of how Telerik goes beyond the basics to address all the challenges of software development.
Of course, there is much, much more happening in Q2 than these three highlights. Other significant things you'll find in Q2 2011:
- Official v1 release!
- New Post-Beta Features: Support for IIS Express, Compare Snapshots, Auto-update support (so expect more improvements to keep coming)
- Milestone Beta 2 release!
- New Since Beta 1: Decompiling to VB.NET & MSIL, Extract Resources, BAML to XAML
- 6 new quick hints, 4 new code generation features, 3 new code nav features, 2 new refactorings, (and a partridge in a pear tree…)
- 2 New Controls: RadImageEditor & RadWebAlert
- 4 new common skins
- 1 New Control: HTML5-powered Chart
- 3 new common skins
- Major improvements to Grid client-side features (sorting, paging, filtering, grouping)
- 7 New Controls: BreadCrumb, ImageEditor, PropertyGrid, PersistenceFramework, TreeMap, PivotMap, & DataServiceDataSource
XAML PHONE (WP7)
- 3 New Controls: Chart, Calendar, & BusyIndicator
- New "ToDo" sample app with source
- 3 New Controls: ListView, PropertyGrid, RichTextEditor (Beta)
- New Profiler (of course)
- New ADO.NET API (very cool - join the webinars to see it in action)
- Updated VS wizards and Fluent Mapping API
- Huge optimizations for huge reports
And even that is just scratching the surface! Check-out more by visiting the official "What's New" landing page on Telerik.com.
Clearly, Q2 2011 is a huge release, but by now I hope you've come to expect this from Telerik. No tools provider works harder to ship three major, high-quality updates every year, and we thank you, our passionate customers, for helping us continue to reach new levels of success.
Now that Q2 2011 is here, we need you to do three simple things:
- Download the Q2 2011 bits from Telerik.com and start enjoying the improvements
- Register for the Q2 2011 Webinar Week (starting on Monday) to learn more about Q2
- Tell a friend about Q2 2011 on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Facebook!
Enjoy the release and stay tuned for more Q2 2011 news and updates.