First of all, happy New Year! As you are well aware by now, after hanging lights on my blog before the holidays, I let it rest for a while so that I could enjoy time with friends and family. And now, as the bowl games start to dwindle and more people start to return to their desks, it's time to prepare for a new year of projects. What better way to kick-off of Telerik Watch in 2008 than to gaze in to the future and look at what Telerik is cooking for upcoming year.
There are definitely some huge milestones on the 2008 Telerik calendar that are sure to continue the trend of delivering more than you expect from your humble component vendor. Among the bigger events that you can look forward to this year:
- Totally new, super-fast RadGridView for WinForms (Jan Preview)
- RadControls "Prometheus" transition complete (April)
- RadControls for Silverlight 2.0 (H2 2008)
- RadControls for WPF (H2 2008)
- Tons of new modules, services in Sitefinity (Jan/Feb)
- 3 major releases for ASP.NET/WinForms/Reporting (starting in April)
- Innovative new learning/training tools for RadControls (H1 2008)
- New Telerik.com website
Clearly, 2008 is going to be a huge year for Telerik and your feedback will continue to play an important part in our planning and success. Everything we do aims to make your lives as developers easier, so keep the feedback coming and we'll keep driving ahead on our quest to be the best .NET UI component vendor on the market. At Telerik, we're all looking forward to starting a new year working with our dedicated community and we hope you're as excited as we are to reach new heights in 2008!
Stay tuned as I get the blog fired back up this week and watch for more details about 2008 as well as some reminiscing on what we accomplished in 2007.