To wrap up this busy week of blogging and welcome the weekend, I've decided to bring you another fine blended edition of "ICYMI." It's been a few months since the last installment, so there's definitely a lot you've missed if you haven't been following the Telerik.com blogs, my "official" ASP.NET blog, or some of the other "big" .NET blogs out there. Fortunately, I've been following all of them for you and I have prepared a short list of links that represents the best of the best content for your weekend reading enjoyment. Usually, I only highlight things you may have missed from the Telerik.com blogs, but with today's big release of new Silverlight 2.0 details, I decided to throw a few extra sources in for fun. And without further delay, the links:
- The definitive UI component metaphor - from one of my other blogs. A fun post if you've been try to explain UI components to "non-technical" people.
- First Look at Silverlight 2 - huge post from ScottGu today detailing a lot of what's coming in Silverlight 2 at Mix in a couple of weeks. This post links to about 10 other posts he just posted, too, on the topic of Silverlight 2.
- Telerik licensing demystified - from our CEO. Good post explaining how Telerik licensing works
- Integrated support for Load-On-Demand from Web Services in RadControls “Prometheus” - long post title, but good technical look at the new web service bindings in RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX
- Squeezing the last millisecond from the page load time - a good post covering the use of RadScriptManager and RadStyleSheetManager
- Have a safe trip from WinForms to WPF - a quick post talking about the expected migration path for applications using RadControls for WinForms to RadControls for WPF