While I did my best to keep you "in the know" while away on vacation last week in the Colorado Rockies, a few important updates had to wait for my return to the office. Key among those is the announcement of the new Service Pack 2 release for the Q1 2008 RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. The 2nd and final service pack release for the Q1 2008 controls is mostly a roll-up of hotfixes fixing issues reported since SP1, but, as usual, there are some new features in the release, too. Highlights:
- SP2 delivers full support for the just released Firefox 3 and Opera 9.5 browsers
- New load-on-demand caching support and client-side events in RadCombobox
- 20+ fixes in RadGrid and in RadEditor
- New perf optimizations in RadEditor (dialog rendering, shared tools)
- Problems with RadManagers fixed (gzip, medium trust)
- New support for custom spell providers in RadSpell
And that's about it for Q1 2008. With Q2 2008 quickly approaching (currently targeting a late July release), there will be no more service packs for Q1. The next release will be a Futures release that will preview some of the enhancements coming in Q2, so look for that to drop in the next few weeks. Otherwise, enjoy the updates and be sure to keep sending us your honest feedback.