One of the big things we announced during TechEd a couple of weeks ago is a new training launching next week called, quite clearly, the Telerik Trainer. This custom built WPF application has been designed from the ground-up to deliver the most advanced and effective self-paced training available on the market today. The application combines a video player with synchronized highlights, topical table of contents navigation, and a cool code launching feature that opens code files (again, sync' d with the code being talked about in the video) in Visual Studio and automatically navigates to the relevant file and line number. No more searching for code while watching a training video! With this player and the training "episodes" that we release for it, it will be easier than ever to quickly learn how to use the RadControls.
To help you prepare for the release of Telerik Trainer, I've prepared a complete photo gallery of the Telerik Trainer interface that highlights a number of its key features. The gallery is completely narrated, so be sure to browse and read the image captions to get the most out of this resource. For those of you that don't have time to browse the gallery, here are some of the cool things you'll find in the Telerik Trainer:
- Episodes are entirely self contained- code, video, and tips. Just download an episode, open it in the Trainer, and you're ready to go
- Episode sizes are kept low by automatic caching of the RadControls- the Trainer automatically loads the necessary Telerik assemblies
- The Trainer runs on XP and Vista
- Most episodes contain C# and VB code and work with both VS 2005 and VS 2008
- The Code button automatically lights-up when the video is talking about a code snippet
- The Code button tooltip shows the code the that will be opened on mouse hover
- The Trainer automatically launches VS and opens code files to the correct line when you click the Code button
- The Trainer can be resized or run in full screen to fit your work style
- The table of contents enables you to easily skip between topics in the video
- When you first load the Trainer, an introduction video helps you understand how the tool works
And that's just the tip of the ice burg. You'll find many helpful features in the Trainer that enable you to learn quickly, and this is just version one. We're already busy working on enhancing the Trainer to be even more advanced in the future. But your feedback is critical! Watch for an announcement next week when we launch the Trainer and then download it and let us know what you think. We hope you find it helpful and another reason to feel good about your choice to partner with Telerik for all of your .NET UI and developer tool needs.