As I promised last week and mentioned yesterday, the second service pack for the Q2 2008 RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX has just been released. The primary focus of this service pack release is delivering complete support for Google's new Chrome browser, so again, if you need that support, download and install this release right away. A few additional things have made it in to SP2, too, beyond the normal bug fixes. Among the most interesting (in my opinion):
- Memory leak fixes across all controls for better IE performance
- New client-side event in RadCombobox: OnClientTextChanged
- Image editor functions (crop, resize, etc.) provided with RadEditor can now be used outside of Editor!
- Many new client- and server-side events in RadGrid
- New EmptyDataText property in GridBoundColumn (for setting null text at the column level)
- New AutoPostBack property in RadRotator