Want to be among the first to play with the changes coming to the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX in Q2 2008? If so, you need to download the just released "Futures" build for the ASP.NET AJAX controls (read my old post for clarification of the "Futures" term- we'll probably revert to the term "Beta" next year...maybe). This release showcases everything that will be happening in Q2 2008, including the first preview of the revived RadRotator control. Among the things coming to the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX in Q2 are:
- New, built from scratch, RadRotator- a new beginning for an old control
- New sorting, filtering, and client-side events in RadCombobox
- Huge improvements in RadGrid
- New client-side data binding
- Tons of new client-side objects, methods
- Many important bug fixes
- Important new features in RadScheduler
- Improved client-side loading time (claimed 30% faster)
- New Exchange data provider!
- Two-thumb sliders now supported in RadSlider
- New common skin for all controls: Gray
- Like new Telerik skin, just gray - see post pic for RadGrid example
Other gotchas in this release:
- There are some breaking changes in RadUpload. The changed features are minor and relate only to localization, but if you use RadUpload localization you'll want to take note.
- Two embedded skins are being retired in Q2: Default2006 and Mac. The Telerik skin has also be updated, so be prepared to check for design consistency if you use those skins. The old skins will remain available as extra downloads for use as external skins if you need them.