We know that there are still a lot of good questions out there about Telerik's OpenAccess ORM. In fact, you asked a lot of those good questions during our Q2 2009 Release Week Webinar for OpenAccess. To help provide some answers and to introduce you to some of the smart people working on OpenAccess ORM, we recorded an "Interview with the Telerik Experts" featuring Jan Blessenohl, Product Lead for OpenAccess, and Stephen Forte, Telerik Chief Strategy Officer and Microsoft RD. This interview-style Q&A covers a range of questions including:
- How mature is OpenAccess? What version is the product on now?
- How hard is it to switch database providers with OpenAccess? Is there support coming for databases like VistaDB?
- How do you use OpenAccess with web services and Silverlight?
- How does OpenAccess compare to Entity Framework? What are the main advantages / disadvantages?
- What is the future of LINQ and how does that impact OpenAccess?
- What is the future of OpenAccess ORM?