In what is arguably the most "on time" release in Telerik's history, the Q2 2009 officially shipped today! And that's no small feat considering all seven of Telerik's developer product lines received updates in Q2 2009 and all shipped on time today. There has been a lot of coverage leading-up to Q2- on Telerik Watch, on the Telerik Blogs, and on Twitter- so by now you probably have a pretty good idea what's in the Q2 2009 release. With a huge release like this, though, it's easy to get overwhelmed by all the new stuff. If I had to draw your attention to a few "important" highlights in the Q2 2009 release, I'd encourage you to focus on:
- WebAii Testing Framework - Free automated UI testing framework for ASP.NET AJAX and Silverlight shipping with the RadControls for Silverlight and ASP.NET AJAX. Learn more
- 3D Charting in Silverlight - An industry first, Telerik's "true" 3D engine for Silverlight delivers the first 3D data visualization solution for Silverlight (and by extension, .NET web developers). Learn more
- RadScheduler for Silverlight - Joining the scheduler components for ASP.NET, WinForms, and WPF, Telerik now ships a full-featured, Outlook-like scheduler control for Silverlight. Learn more
- 4 New Controls for ASP.NET AJAX - ListBox, CAPTCHA, XmlHttpPanel, and BinaryImage controls join the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX suite
- View Support - OpenAccess ORM now has powerful support for mapping Views, and additional support for Stored Procedures in Oracle and MySql. Learn More
- RadDock for WinForms - After a comprehensive re-do of Telerik's docking control for WinForms, RadDock has emerged as the most complete (i.e. best) docking control available for WinForms in Q2. Learn more
- Webinars Contest - Prizes given away everyday to live attendees. One Grand Prize winner at the end of the week wins Telerik Premium Collection and pass to PNP Summit 2009 ($1900 value). Attend more webinars live for more chances to win.
- Twitter Contest - Tweet with #telerikq209 between Monday and Friday for a chance at winning one of two Telerik Premium Collection licenses.