We Are Microsoft is underway and "day" one is drawing to a close. It's 6:30 AM local time now, and we've been going hard since 3:00 PM yesterday. We're excited by our progress and the advantage that Sitefinity has given our project, but we know much work remains if we are to satisfy all of the goals of our charity. Just to keep you, dear well-rested reader, up to speed, here's the last 16 hours in summary:
- About 2 hours spent covering WAM "basics" in the previously blogged kick-off meeting
- We then spent a solid 2 hours talking with our charity (WHO) and refining their requirements
- Over a 45 minute dinner break (of cold pizza), we turned the refined requirements in to an action plan
- We reunited with our charity to present our plan of action, cover last minute details, and then it was off to the races. Time: 9:30 PM.
- From 9:30 PM to what is now closer to 7:00 AM, we've been doing everything from designing CSS to building HTML to building custom Sitefinity user controls and modules to integrating 3rd party services (like Kimbia, a new service our charity introduced us to that helps with accepting donations)