Thanks to an informative forum post from Telerik developer Atanas Korchev, we now have a number of "official" public details on the upcoming RadScheduler control. Here are some highlights from his post:
- RadScheduler will support recurrence and single occurrence exceptions within the pattern
- It will have the standard skinning support common to all "Prometheus" controls
- In case you missed it, RadScheduler will only be available in RadControls "Prometheus"
- That also means it is .Net 2+ only
- It will sport three views in version 1: day, week, and month
- Multi-month, year, time, and other views may be included in future releases
- Multi-day events will be supported
- Fully ajaxified, drag-and-drop interactions
- Preview release due in late May, official release in Q2
Watch for the preview release in late May to see the early beginnings of RadScheduler. It is unlikely that all of the features listed here will be in the May release since the control is officially targeted for Q2 (which is September 2007), but it will be a good opportunity for you to see what direction the control is taking and provide early feedback to help shape its development!